carrot watermelon soup
Recipe type: soup, vegetables, fruit
- 1 bunch carrots, peeled and tops removed
- 1/2 small to medium seedless watermelon, cut into chunks
- 3 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Steam the carrots for 30 minutes and then let cool.
- In a Vitamix or other blender, combine steamed carrots, watermelon, chicken broth, olive oil, thyme, and sea salt, and blend until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate to chill before serving.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2012/07/carrot-watermelon-soup/