pecan sandwich bread
Recipe type: bread
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond or coconut milk, room temperature
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour mix (see note)
- 1/3 cup finely ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons xanthan gum
- ¾ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 packet active dry yeast granules
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Set your bread machine to the gluten-free setting. Set your crust to medium. Set the loaf size to 1.5.
- Remove bread pan from machine and make sure kneading blades are firmly secured in place.
- Whisk milk, oil, and eggs together until frothy, and pour into bread pan.
- Whisk bread flour mix, ground pecans, agave, xanthan gum, salt, and yeast in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Sprinkle over liquids in bread pan.
- Put the bread pan into the machine, secure in place, and press start.
- During the knead cycle when machine beeps, add chopped pecans and optional raisins. Scrape the sides with a spatula to keep flour and nuts from clinging.
- Remove bread pan from machine promptly when the bake cycle ends. Turn bread pan over to remove bread and place it on a rack to cool.
Bread Flour Mix:
1/3 part millet flour
1/6 part sorghum flour
1/6 part cornstarch
1/6 part potato starch
1/6 part tapioca flour
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2012/07/pecan-sandwich-bread/