blackberry lemon sweet biscuits
Author: Courtney Howard
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Earth's Best Buttery Spread (or organic butter)
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 - 1/2 lemon extract (to taste)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- lemon sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened Earth's Best Buttery Spread, eggs, honey, lemon zest, and lemon extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until well combined and a dough forms.
- Fold in blackberries.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll dough out until about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick. Dust with a little almond flour.
- Turn a glass upside down and cut 3 inch circles out of the dough.
- Using a spatula, lift the biscuits onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2012/06/blackberry-lemon-sweet-biscuits/