grandma's toasted coconut granola
Recipe type: snack, dessert, breakfast, topping
Serves: 18 - 20
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Slightly process cashews, macadamia nuts, and slivered almonds in a food processor, and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add toasted coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and pine nuts to the bowl.
- In a small pitcher, stir together maple syrup, maple sugar, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, and then warm slightly until the coconut oil melts.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the nut and seed mixture, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the granola on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, removing from the oven during baking time several times to stir.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2014/01/grandmas-toasted-coconut-granola/