slow cooker gingerbread pudding cake
Recipe type: dessert
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unmodified potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Using a mixer, cream together ghee and maple sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the mixer, and mix together with creamed ghee and maple sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together molasses and water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, potato starch, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Turn on the mixer, and alternate adding the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients.
- Mix together until both wet and dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Grease the slow cooker with coconut oil, and pour the gingerbread pudding cake batter into the slow cooker.
- Set the temperature to low, and sprinkle chopped pecans on the top before covering.
- Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/12/slow-cooker-gingerbread-pudding-cake/