creamy sun-dried tomato basil soup
Recipe type: soup, appetizer
- 2-ounce package of sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in 1/2 cup water
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- large handful of teardrop tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil or handful of fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5.4 ounce can coconut cream
- optional: garnish with pine nuts
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in 1/2 cup water for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop the purple onion and cloves of garlic.
- In a medium saucepan, saute chopped onion and garlic in olive oil for five minutes.
- Add chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes with the soaking water, teardrop tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour coconut cream into the large Vitamix container.
- Add contents of the saucepan, cover, and blend until smooth for at least a minute.
- Serve warm with optional pine nuts as a garnish.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/12/creamy-sun-dried-tomato-basil-soup/