bacon and butternut squash "risotto"
Recipe type: side dish, vegetable
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 purple onion
- 5 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- handful of chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Peel and cut up the butternut squash, or buy it pre-chopped. Set aside.
- "Rice" the cauliflower in a food processor and set aside.
- Dice the celery and onion and set aside.
- Cut up the bacon, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes in a large pan.
- Add the celery, onion, salt and pepper to the pan, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the butternut squash to the pan, and cook for 7 more minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Add the "riced" cauliflower to the pan, and cook for 7 more minutes.
- Stir in the the sage, pine nuts, and ghee.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/11/bacon-and-butternut-squash-risotto/