jerk chicken and mango skewers
Recipe type: main dish, meat, vegetables
- 1 pound pasture raised chicken breasts
- 3 mangos
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 purple onion
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- juice of 4 limes
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine diced onion, minced garlic, and the remaining ingredients to make a jerk marinade.
- Marinate the chicken breast cubes in the jerk marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Cut mango, red bell pepper, and purple onion into chunks.
- Alternate threading the mango, red bell pepper, purple onion, and chicken cubes onto 8 skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for 6 minutes. Flip, and grill for 6 minutes more.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/08/jerk-chicken-and-mango-skewers/