chocolate coconut kefir ice cream with seasonal berries
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 4 - 6
- seasonal berries
- 4 cups coconut milk kefir or So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup maple syrup, to taste (or honey)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Make sure your ice cream maker bowl is frozen, waiting in the freezer.
- Wash berries and gently pat dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk kefir, maple syrup, cacao powder, and vanilla extract.
- Assemble ice cream maker, pour the chocolate coconut kefir mixture into the ice cream maker bowl, and turn it on.
- After ice cream forms, serve with seasonal berries.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/07/chocolate-coconut-kefir-ice-cream-with-seasonal-berries/