vegan banana pudding with nutter butter crumble
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic peanuts
- 1/4 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups almond or coconut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Combine almond flour, coconut sugar, peanut butter, and peanuts in a food processor and process until a crumble forms. Set aside.
- Mash one of the bananas. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together arrowroot starch and coconut sugar.
- Over medium heat, slowly whisk in almond milk, stirring continually until thick and bubbly.
- Whisk in mashed banana, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off heat, and whisk in vanilla.
- In 4 - 6 small glasses or bowls, layer slices of banana and then a couple spoonfuls of nutter butter crumble.
- Divide pudding over the crumble in each of the glasses.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with banana slices and remaining nutter butter crumble. Enjoy!
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/06/vegan-banana-pudding-with-nutter-butter-crumble/