sweet potato salad
Recipe type: salad, side dish, vegetable
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in warm water and soaking water discarded
- 2 tablespoons Marcona almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil cubes of sweet potato until tender when pricked with a fork.
- Drain on a paper towel until cool.
- Combine sweet potato, onion, celery, and raisins in a medium bowl.
- In a food processor, combine almonds, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, water, and spices, and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over sweet potato mixture and gently fold into the salad until the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/05/sweet-potato-salad/