crunchy asparagus fries
Recipe type: snack, side dish, vegetable
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and ends removed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal or finely ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a large dish, lay out asparagus and dust with 2 tablespoons almond flour.
- In a food processor, process together pine nuts, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper to make a vegan parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine this vegan parmesan cheese, almond flour, and flax seed meal to make the breading for the fries.
- Transfer the breading to a large plate.
- Crack the egg into a long bowl, and whisk with a fork until beaten.
- Dredge asparagus stalks through the beaten egg.
- Then roll each egg-coated stalk in the breading mixture.
- Lay the breaded asparagus stalks in a single layer in a greased baking pan or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until desired crunchiness is achieved.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiment.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/04/crunchy-asparagus-fries/