massaged kale, orange, and avocado salad
Recipe type: salad, vegetable, side dish
- 1 head kale
- 2 clementine oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Tear kale leaves into pieces, discarding the ribs, and place in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the kale leaves, and using your hands, gently massage oil into the leaves for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the orange segments, green onions, avocado, and sesame seeds to the massaged kale.
- To make the dressing, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, tamari, and honey.
- Drizzle the dressing over the kale salad, and toss to coat the salad in the dressing.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/04/massaged-kale-orange-and-avocado-salad/