raw key lime pie
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- zest of 8 limes
- juice of 8 limes
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for at least 30 minutes and soaking water discarded
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to a liquid
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the crust, process the walnuts and raisins together in a food processor until a ball of dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Rinse out the food processor.
- Zest 8 limes, and transfer the zest into the food processor.
- Juice 8 limes, and pour the juice into the food processor.
- Add the soaked cashews, avocado, coconut oil, agave, and vanilla to the food processor, and process until thick and creamy.
- Taste the filling, and add more agave and/or vanilla for a sweeter pie.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan on top of the walnut-raisin crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Slide a knife between the side of the springform pan and the pie to separate the edge of the pie from the pan.
- Remove the side of the springform pan from the base, slice, and serve.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/03/raw-key-lime-pie/