Recipe type: vegetable, side dish
Serves: 4 - 6
- 3 small rutabagas, peeled
- 1/2 butternut squash, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a little olive oil on them, and then roast the rutabagas and butternut squash for 1 hour.
- Scoop out the squash from the peel and put in a Vitamix or food processor.
- Add the rutabagas, coconut oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Blend or process until pureed.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/02/mashed-rutabaga/