sweet potato sausage soup
Recipe type: soup, vegetable
- 1 pound chicken or turkey spicy sausage, casings removed
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 1 medium purple onion, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a pan on the stove, cook the sausage until there is no pink left, and let it drain on a paper towel.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken broth, sweet potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, and spices, and cook over medium-low heat.
- Cover and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Gradually pour the contents of the saucepan into the Vitamix or other blender.
- Add the cooked sausage and the olive oil to the blender.
- Secure the lid on top, and place a towel over the lid to avoid injury and a mess.
- Blend on low then switching to high for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2012/01/sweet-potato-sausage-soup/