artichoke and avocado vegan enchiladas
Recipe type: main dish
- 8 collard green leaves
- 1 can green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 avocados (pitted, skin removed, and cubed)
- 1 can marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of artichoke heart marinade
- 1/4 cup green chiles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam collard greens for 8 - 10 minutes, so they're soft enough to roll.
- While the collards are steaming, mix together the avocado, artichoke hearts, marinade, green chiles, pine nuts, garlic powder, and cumin and set aside.
- Pour the enchilada sauce in a bowl, dredge a collard green leaf through the sauce so it is completely coated.
- Fill the leaf with a large spoonful of avocado mixture, roll it up tight, and place it in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Repeat with the remaining 7 collard green leaves.
- Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with any remaining avocado mixture before serving.
Feel free to substitute corn tortillas for the collard green leaves, and add monterey jack cheese for non-vegan enchiladas.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/02/artichoke-and-avocado-vegan-enchiladas/