chocolate chipotle sweet potato chili
Recipe type: main dish, soup
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- optional: 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and turkey to pan, and sauté until the turkey is browned and onion is tender.
- Transfer to a slow cooker, and add all ingredients except sweet potato.
- Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- About 2 hours before serving, add sweet potato.
- Optional: garnish with Greek yogurt.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/02/chocolate-chipotle-sweet-potato-chili/