butternut squash sauce
- 1 butternut squash
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup water
- optional: toasted chopped walnuts, chopped sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut butternut squash lengthwise, and scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Place squash halves cut side down in a roasting pan with the cloves of garlic.
- Roast for about 45 minutes.
- Scoop butternut squash out of the shell and into a blender.
- Peel garlic and add to the blender with the olive oil, sage, salt, pepper and avocado.
- Blend until creamy, and add 1 cup water. Add more water until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve over spaghetti squash or your favorite gluten free pasta.
- Top with chopped walnuts and fresh sage if desired.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2013/01/butternut-squash-sauce/