pumpkin and pear soup
Recipe type: soup, vegetable
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pears, cut into slices
- 1/2 onion, cut into slices
- 2 inches of fresh ginger, diced
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Saute pears, onion, and ginger in olive oil until tender.
- Place chicken broth, pumpkin, avocado, cinnamon, and sea salt in a Vitamix or other blender.
- Add the sauteed pear, onion, and ginger.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan, and warm over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2012/11/pumpkin-and-pear-soup/