spaghetti squash with avocado cream sauce
Recipe type: side dish, vegetable
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- zest from 1 lemon (for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- handful of parsley
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash in the preheating oven for 5 minutes to soften, making it easier to cut in half.
- Remove from the oven and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Place the squash cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Scoop out and divide squash "noodles" onto 2 plates.
- In a food processor, combine avocado, olive oil, water, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic, basil, and parsley and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water if a thinner sauce is desired.
- Spoon and divide the avocado sauce over both plates of spaghetti squash and toss to evenly coat the "noodles".
- Garnish with lemon zest and fresh cracked pepper.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2012/10/spaghetti-squash-with-creamy-avocado-sauce/