roasted beet and orange quinoa salad
Recipe type: salad, side dish
- 1 bunch of beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange white balsamic vinegar (plain balsamic is fine too)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel skin off of beets and cut into small cubes.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, thyme, and sea salt to make the dressing.
- Toss beets in 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and lay out in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes and let cool.
- Combine quinoa, oranges, green onions, pecans, and beets in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over quinoa salad and gently toss.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Recipe by The Naked Avocado at https://nakedavocado.com/2012/10/roasted-beet-and-orange-quinoa-salad/