I love to keep prepared salads in my fridge for the family to snack on, especially during the summer. One of my two children is a pasta junkie, and this one is a particular favorite because of the sweet twist the berries add. Let me know if your family likes it as much as mine!
berry pasta salad
Recipe type: Salad, Fruit
- 1¾ cups dried quinoa pasta or brown rice pasta
- 1½ cups fresh blackberries (or strawberries or raspberries)
- 3 ounces small fresh mozzarella cheese balls, halved
- large handful of fresh basil leaves (shred if large)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry or blackberry balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- optional: diced cooked or grilled organic chicken
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and rinse well with cold water and drain again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, raspberry balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, strawberries, cheese, and basil.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss again.
- Can add diced cooked or grilled chicken breast.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.