When on a recent trip to California, I enjoyed a delicious appetizer similar to these smoked salmon cucumbers. Once back home, I came up with this version starring the omega-3 superstar, smoked salmon. Salmon is loaded with essential (meaning our bodies can’t create them on their own but they are vital to our bodies) omega-3s, which boast anti-inflammatory benefits in addition to promoting brain and heart health. I buy my protein packed wild Alaskan smoked salmon at Whole Foods or www.vitalchoice.com.
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces wild Alaskan smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Lay out each slice of cucumber on a serving tray.
- Spread a tiny amount of plain Greek yogurt on each slice. Be careful not to put too much, as the yogurt can overpower the other flavors.
- Cut the salmon into 1 inch squares, and lay each square on top of the yogurt and cucumber.
- Sprinkle chopped chives on top of the salmon.