This past Friday, Taylor and I went “raw for a day” using a menu Taylor found online through www.gorawforaday.com. By far, our favorite meal of the day was this delicious “nut burger”. It was amazingly savory and surprisingly filling. You can take this recipe and dehydrate it slightly for a more crispy “nut burger” too.
Raw Nut Burger
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans (I used walnuts)
- 2–3 large carrots (I used 1/4 of a red bell pepper)
- ½ large onion or more to taste (I used purple)
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley (I used Italian parsley)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or Vitamix and process until smooth.
- Taste test: if you think it needs more spice, add some fresh or dried herbs or seasonings. I added a teaspoon of turmeric. Curry powder can work well too.
- Shape into burger shapes, either by hand, or using a mold.
- Serves 4.