I love this little raw food bistro down in the Preston Hollow area called Bliss. As you know, I am crazy about eating raw – the enzymes, the micronutrients, the fresh, creative flavors! One of my favorite dishes at Bliss is their Thai coconut soup. Since experimenting in the kitchen is one of my passions, I knew I had to figure out a way to make this delicious soup at home. Well, I think I’ve done it – this one is yummy (although I did bake my butternut squash)! And, this soup is packed with spices to fire up your metabolism. Let me know how you like it!
Coconut Curry Soup
- 1 butternut squash, cooked
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium heirloom tomato, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Combine butternut squash, coconut, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomato, lime juice, coconut oil, garlic, ginger, curry, cayenne, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
- Optional: add chopped fresh veggies: red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and cilantro.