The name of this kid-friendly snack makes me smile. My mom used to make a version of this snack for my brother and I growing up. It was definitely a treat as the tastes of peanut butter and honey blend perfectly together. And, it was a treat for my body too as the peanut butter provides protein and the flax seed meal provides fiber, anti-oxidants, and of course omega-3 fatty acids. I now make this for my own children, and I hope they will have the same memories I do when they are older.
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups flax seed meal or ground flax seeds
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form balls by rolling the mixture between the palms of your hands. My kids love this!
- Refrigerate for about an hour.