Recently, Taylor, Kristi and I attended the Institute for Integrative Nutrition conference in Long Beach, California. What an amazing experience! At dinner on Saturday, we were served a lovely dish of cauliflower with currants and pine nuts. It was so delicious that I knew I had to try to recreate it once home. I hope you like my version as much as my family did. My husband (who really doesn’t care for cauliflower) ate every bite and said he couldn’t believe how the cauliflower taste was masked by the other flavors.
Cauliflower with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup blackberry balsamic, although any balsamic will do
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, pine nuts, raisins, and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the cauliflower mixture and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for several hours.