I’m convinced warm, soft banana bread fresh from the oven is just about the perfect comfort food. On this cold raining weekend morning, I made this delicious bread, which filled my house with that inviting smell.
Bananas are extremely high in potassium, yet very low in sodium thus having a perfect ratio for preventing high blood pressure. Bananas also consist mainly of sugars and fiber, which makes them ideal for an immediate and slightly prolonged source of energy. Lastly, bananas contain tryptophan, an amino acid that can be converted to serotonin, which helps improve your mood, and are relatively high in iron, which helps improve the body’s hemoglobin function. So bake this nutritious breakfast bread or snack and enjoy these health benefits.
- 2 cups brown rice flour blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup raw coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown rice flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, agave nectar, eggs, almond or coconut milk, and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Grease a bread pan with an oil mister or cooking spray, and pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.