Day 4 of a Week of Grapefruit. More grapefruit trivia…did you know that the first ruby red grapefruit was actually an accidental mutation that happened right here in Texas? Yep, we are one of the states that produces a large amount of the world’s grapefruits, which is why local grapefruits are all over our groceries right now. Florida is the main grower.
In this recipe, I used the raw flax crackers from my earlier post as the crust and topped it with different goodies. I love all of the colors and flavors going on in this simple dish. I hope you enjoy!
Raw Grapefruit Avocado Pizza
- Flax crackers
- 1 avocado, peeled and mashed
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- jalapeño slices
- Place flax crackers on a large plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the mashed avocado, lime juice, and salt.
- Spread avocado mixture on the flax crackers.
- Place grapefruit segments on top of the avocado mixture.
- Place yellow bell peppers then jalapeño slices on top of the grapefruit segments.