Day 7 of a Week of Grapefruit. Well, I pulled out my dehydrator again for its second use. I’ve always baked my granola, but I tried the dehydrating method instead this time and loved my results. Granola is a very fun thing to make because you can experiment with it, play with the ingredients, and personalize it to your tastes. This is what I came up with.
- 4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the granola mixture onto strips of parchment paper.
- Place on the dehydrating trays.
- Dehydrate for at least 5 hours or until desired crunchiness.