Welcome to day 2 of my week of grapefruit. Just a little trivia about this delicious fruit…Have you noticed that a grapefruit looks a lot like a large pink orange? That is because it is the natural hybridization of a fruit called a pomelo and an orange. And, it was first discovered in the Caribbean on the island of Barbados.
The recipe for today marries an avocado, my favorite food, and a grapefruit.
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad with Tarragon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- To make the dressing, stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, sea salt, and pepper in a small pitcher.
- Layer the avocado and grapefruit pieces in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the avocado and grapefruit pieces and enjoy. (I had enough dressing left over to put on greens the next day!)