As a member of the famous cruciferous family, cauliflower is known to love your liver by helping it detoxify your body. It is an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, folate, and fiber, and is only 25 calories per serving! Here in Texas, cauliflower is just about to come back into season.
Try this recipe to add a kick to your cauliflower. It makes a great snack or even a side dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the above ingredients, and toss to coat the cauliflower in the oil, salt, and cayenne.
- Spread out the cauliflower on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft and slightly browning.