My son loves the lemon pound cake at Starbucks. This is my gluten free version of his favorite.
Our family enjoyed our bread this morning with warm lightly toasted pecans.
Orange Lemon Bread
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour mix from Authentic Foods
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- zest from one orange
- zest from one lemon
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- juice from one orange
- juice from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, and zest from the orange and lemon.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, agave nectar, eggs, juice from the orange and lemon, and lemon extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.