One of my favorite memories as a child was making Christmas cookies. We had this old cookie cutter shaped like a gingerbread man. Whenever I think of this season, I think of that gingerbread man and the smell and flavor he brings to mind. I hope you enjoy this gluten free version of gingersnap cookies.
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 cups brown rice flour mix from Authentic Foods
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the grapeseed oil, agave nectar, egg, and molasses.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, and spices.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.