Bok choy is in season here in Texas. Not only does it have a sweet and succulent taste, it also has many nutritional boasts such as being only 13 calories per serving, high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, some B vitamins, and a member of the detoxing cruciferous family.
I love to saute it with one of my new favorite condiments, toasted sesame oil.
Bok Choy with Ginger and Pine Nuts
- 1 head bok choy, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 inch ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- In a large pan, saute the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil and tamari for several minutes or until tender.
- Add the bok choy, and saute for an additional 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in the pine nuts before serving.