I am on a kale kick at the moment. Our grocery store has an abundance of organic local bunches of kale right now, so I have been experimenting with it. This recipe hit the spot with me, as it has finally turned cold here in Texas, and my body is craving warm comfort foods.
Warm Kale Salad with Pine Nuts and Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- In a large pan, sauté on medium-low the chopped garlic, chili powder, and sea salt in the olive oil for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tear the kale into pieces.
- Add the kale, pine nuts, and pomegranate seeds to the pan.
- Using tongs, toss the kale mixture in the olive oil mixture to evenly coat it.
- Lower the heat to low, and cover the pan for several minutes, tossing the kale once while cooking.
- When the kale has begun to wilt and turn soft, remove from heat.
- Toss and serve warm.