I love sweet potatoes almost as much as I love avocados! At the beginning of each week, I like to steam 3 or 4 of them, so I have them on hand for various recipes.
Most of my friends know that guacamole is my go to snack – especially after a tennis match in this Texas heat. Try this twist on my old favorite.
Sweet Potato Guacamole
- 1 sweet potato, steamed and peel removed (I used a yellow variety)
- 2 avocados, peels and pits removed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/4 cup chopped baby tomatoes
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mash together the sweet potato and avocados.
- Add the pecans, onion, tomatoes, lime juice, cumin, and garlic salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with your favorite dipping chip – I used crinkled sweet potato chips.