It’s cold and rainy here in Dallas, so bring on the comfort foods! It’s a Friday night, and all I’m picturing is a good book, a crackling fire, and this warming soup.
Creamy Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 1/2 purple onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- zest of a lime
- In a medium saucepan, combine sweet potato, red pepper, onion, chicken broth, garlic, cumin, and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 1 hour.
- While the broth mixture is simmering, combine cashews, almond milk, olive oil, and the zest of a lime in a Vitamix or other blender.
- After the broth mixture simmers for 1 hour, add it to the Vitamix.
- Blend on low for 15 seconds, moving to high for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.