This is my go to meal when I’m busy at home and it’s lunch time. It is my version of comfort food-warm, creamy, and not super filling. I always have on hand the ingredients which is a huge bonus too. Even though it takes about an hour to prepare, very little of that time requires me to be present, which again, on a busy day can be very important!
Creamy Celery Soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 talks of celery, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium purple onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Seaweed Gomasio (can substitute ground sea salt to taste)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth, celery, onion, garlic, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, and then cover and let simmer on low for 1 hour.
- While the celery mixture is simmering, combine the coconut milk, avocado, olive oil, and lemon zest in the Vitamix or other blender.
- After 1 hour, carefully add the celery mixture to the Vitamix.
- Cover and blend on low for 10 seconds and then move to high for 1 minute.
- Serve warm.