I came across this brussel sprouts recipe in a recent Whole Living magazine. I am a huge fan of brussel sprouts but have only experimented with a couple of different ways to prepare them. When I found this recipe, I knew I had to try it because first, I always have the ingredients required (big incentive!), and second, I was curious to see if the sweet taste of the caramelized grapes and walnuts would be appealing enough to my family that they would eat brussel sprouts. Sure enough it was easy, different, and did not disappoint!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Grapes and Walnuts
- 24 oz brussel sprouts halved or quartered (about 8 cups)
- 24 oz purple grapes halved (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (I used a fig balsamic)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet, toss brussel sprouts and grapes with oil, vinegar, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until caramelized and tender, about 20 minutes. Toss in walnuts. Enjoy!